What is Mold?
A fungi type – mold belongs to the category of microorganisms and can reproduce by spreading spores. It feeds on organic matters and digests it in order to grow. Given favorable circumstances mold can grow in your house and digest your walls, floors and ultimately your entire home.
Growth Requirements for Mold:
MOLD NEEDS THE FOLLOWING FIVE THINGS TO GROW:
- Food: Mold feeds on organic matters like wood, soil, wall paper, natural fibers etc.
- Moisture: Humid air could be a best source
- Modest Temperature: Especially between 67°– 87° F
- Stable Air: Still and stagnant
- Time: if all the above mentioned four conditions persist for more than 48 hours, mold is more likely to start growing.
How to Clean Mold?
Mold growth is associated with water and moisture thus mold removal without solving water problems may result in mold coming back. Mold growth happens easily in home or business environments because mold requires the same living conditions humans. Regular mold inspection is very important to keep mold away from your home or office. Another important point is that if mold is not identified at very early stages it can grow and form colonies which will then make it difficult to eliminate. Mold removal inspection calls for checking water leakage as well as moisture in the air. Too much water which remains standing for long or high humidity levels may result in mold growth.
Can I clean mold by spraying some sort of disinfectant?
Mold removal calls for proper mold inspection and mold testing to ensure it doesn’t return. Microtoxins, a chemical produced by molds which sometimes remain even after the mold is removed, linger and will cause allergies. Therefore there is a need to remove the mold completely along with its chemicals so as to save home or any other building from its hazardous effects. What if I paint the mold out? To paint the mold is the worst thing you can do because it will still keep on growing under the paint and will peel it off. Is mold growth dangerous for health? Yes there are many health issues associated with mold growth. It can cause allergies and respiratory ailments. Moreover it can result in rashes and eye and skin irritation.
What if I paint the mold out?
To paint the mold is the worst thing you can do because it will still keep on growing under the paint and will peel it off.
Is mold growth dangerous for health?
Yes there are many health issues associated with mold growth. It can cause allergies in sensitive people. For mold allergic people it can cause respiratory ailments including asthma. Moreover it can result in eyes irritation, rashes on skin and sneezing etc.
Health hazards associated with mold:
- Allergenic: Allergies caused by mold is the most common health problem which can become as severe as asthma or hay fever.
- Pathogenic effects: Skin infection in healthy people is yet another threat posed by mold.
- Toxigenic effects: This is the most serious impact of molds which can lead to severe infections, nausea, skin rashes and even birth defects.
DKI Restotech has a team of certified mold remediation experts.
The DKI Restotech Mold Remediation Process:
- Mold inspection and assessment.
- After assessment we test the type of mold at your place and generate a scientific report.
- Using top notch mold removal products we make sure that two of the most important sources of mold growth, moisture and stagnant water are removed from your home or business so that the mold will not grow again.
The Mold Removal Process:
- Wrapping the entire mold affected area with polyethylene sheet allowing a covered slot for entrance.
- We cover all air vents to block air passage.
- Then we keep negative pressure using a unit known as High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA).
- Then our experts cover the contaminated area with a double sheet before its removal to make sure it doesn’t disperse.
- Mold is carefully removed.
- After mold clean up a third party testing company conducts the test to make sure mold no longer exists in the area.